I did a Google News search for Jerry Brown teabagger Sunday afternoon and here is what I found:
(Click to enlarge)
The only item listed is the report from Newsbusters. Nothing from the Sacramento Bee, the San Francisco Chronicle, the LA Times, the San Diego Union-Tribune, Reuters, the AP, or any other mainstream news source.
If you want to get more information on Brown's slur you have to go to the blogs and alternative media. Here are a few of the blogs reporting on the slur:
- NewsBusters: Governor 'Moonbeam' Employs 'Tea Bagger' Insult on MSNBC's Hardball
- BreitbartTV: California Attorney General Uses 'Tea Bagger' Insult
- Bluegrass Pundit: Jerry Brown Calls Tea Party Members "Teabaggers"
- Escape Tyranny: Dem candidate for CA Governor Jerry Brown uses “Tea Bagger” sexual insult
- Ben Barrack: VIDEO: JERRY BROWN'S TEABAGGER MOMENT
- No Governor Moonbeam!: Jerry Brown uses vulgar "teabagger" sexual slur
- Pat Dollard: Jerry Brown Dismisses Anti-Communists As Sexual Deviant “Tea Baggers”
- Weasel Zippers: Moonbat Jerry Brown Refers to Tea Party Members as “Teabaggers"
- Weekly Political Review: Jerry Brown and Chris Matthews Talk Down to Voters During Hardball Interview
- The Fox Nation: Governor "Moonbeam" blasts "Teabaggers"
- The Lonely Conservative: Video: Dem Candidate for CA Governor Uses the Term "Tea Bagger"
You can imagine the media hysteria if Whitman had used a vulgar sexual slur when referring to the California Nurses Association. That story would be front page news across the state and a hot topic on cable TV shows.
And media elites wonder why newspaper circulation is in freefall?